Date: Saturday 20th for May and Sunday 21st of May 2017
Time: 10am to 1pm – Introductory – $85.00 pp
2pm to 4pm – Intermediate/Advanced Vintage Hair Styling (Must have done the Introductory prior to doing this class)
$150.00 PP for the whole day (Most popular option and recommended)
Venue: PAVILION ON NORTHBOURNE – 242 Northbourne Ave, Dickson, ACT
1940s Vintage Old Hollywood Hair & Makeup;
1950s Classic Style Hair & Makeup:
Pin Up/Retro and Kustom Kulture Looks also covered.
Yes we do Victory Rolls, Barrel Curls, Betty Bangs, Hollywood Rolls and Gibson Rolls too. We just start with Pin Curls!!
- This class will start with the fundamentals and we will transition through to a finished look together.
- Just before we head off into our new world of fabulousness I will run you through your best shapes for your body, for posing, for pictures or just for good posture.
- This class is open to all ages and if you are wanting to achieve some of these looks? Then this is the class for you…
Join Miss Chrissy & Her Mistresses of Style as she teaches you the art of Vintage Styling for both Hair and Makeup. Looking for that Old Hollywood Timeless beauty regime? Want to bring out your inner Pin Up? These workshops are fun, informative and are much more than lipstick powder and paint. Journey with us as we create that perfect Barrel Set, Victory Roll or Pin Curl. Whilst your “Do” sets let’s look at our posture, rediscover our poise and nail that perfect pose! To finish it off we will share with you the secrets of the right tools for the right job and how you can have a flawless timeless makeup look in under 15 minutes! No need to head out “Undone” anymore Ladies, get “Stop Staring” ready in a flash with us!
In our Introductory workshop it is all hands on and in 3 hours we go through Vintage Hairstyling, Makeup from the 30′s to the 50′s and the importance of undergarments and all with a healthy dose of Charm.
Intermediate Vintage Hairstyling Workshop
In our Intermediate Vintage Hairstyling workshop you will be guided through 5 very popular Vintage Hairstyles and you will be made to achieve each of them in the class with our help. This is intensive and hands on and you will have had to complete the first course before attempting this one.
Classes begin promptly so please arrive 10 mins prior to class commencement so as not to miss out on any of the fun! Our workshops specialise in participation and everyone getting involved, so to ensure you achieve the most out of our classes we advise you to bring some necessary items.
Things to bring with you (If you have but don’t stress as we sell most of the stuff anyway)
- Your own make up – Don’t stress if you do not possess much bring what you have and we sell the Perfect simple yet striking Essential range so bring spending money and get the lot yourself including your new foundation! (Does not include Mascara)
- Brush (We sell the best boar bristle round brush)
- Comb (We Sell our LCS Essential Comb)
- Bobby pins (We also sell the best Sturdy Grips)
- Stand Up Makeup Mirror
NB: Hair is easier to work with if it is not FRESHLY washed… Please ensure you have not put any oils in your hair such as coconut oil, argan oil or Moroccan oil for example as they coat your hair and are a styling nightmare to work with…
- Styling tools such as hot rollers, foam rollers, curling irons are optional as we instruct you on styles with and without the use of any tools. (Hot Styling tools are used only in the afternoon class)
Intermediate Workshop attendees need to bring (in addition to basics above) the following:
- 2 Slide Combs (matching your hair colour)
- Hot Rollers and/or Hot Sticks
NB: We do sell the following items at the workshop if you wish to bring some extra cash with you:
- The LCS Essential Perfect Pout Lipstick & Liner Set – $40
- The Essential Basic Hair Kit – $35
- The LCS Essential Makeup Kit – $100
The Essential Flawless Foundation – $55
The Essential Skunk Brush – Airbrushing Finishing – $24
The Essential Brush Starter Kit (Professional Brushes) – $65
The Essential Blotting Powder – Our Primer and Finishing Powder – $30
The Essential Pin Curl saver Bed Cap – $15
Waist Cinches – $85
Gibson Roll – $10
Do Rags – $10
Essential Setting Lotion – $22
Dolly Pegs – $5
Pin Curl Clips – $10
Seamed Nude Fishnets – $20
Learn fundamental techniques to set you on your way to creating unique vintage hairstyles. Basic techniques include:
- Pin curling – Learn to create a perfect pin curl and the basic principles behind pin curl styling.
- Victory Rolls – Learn to style your hair using this versatile & classic look
- Setting Hair – Learn to use what ever you have (hot rollers, foam rollers, curling iron & pins etc) to give yourself an easy and stylish vintage look.
- Fringe care – Tips and tricks for styling your fringe perfectly.
- Core tips, tricks and basic application techniques.
- Begin with a vintage inspired base to build upon. Learn about styles, colours and applications from the 1930′s through to the late 1950′s
Fashion , Posture and Manners
This is dependent largely on time and the requirements of the ladies in workshop. Learn the importance of undergarment and, time permitting, to distinguish different decades by learning about fabrics, patterns & designs. What is and what isn’t vintage… Advice on cuts and styles to suit you, so you can begin to create your unique vintage wardrobe. *NB Sadly it is not enough to rely on good manners anymore when it comes to non-attendance at a workshop after your place has been booked, paid and confirmed, I now have to make note of the following:
The Good Manners Refund Policy:
NB: Amount of refund will be less any fees I have been charged (if any)
- 72 Hours notice of inability to attend due to unforseen circumstances = 70% refund (either cash or product)
- 48 Hours notice of inability to attend due to unforseen circumstances = 50% refund (either cash or product)
- Advice on the day of workshop of inability to attend due to unforseen circumstances = 25% refund (cash or product)
- No show/No advice – No Refund
VENUE: PAVILION ON NORTHBOURNE – 242 Northbourne Ave, Dickson, ACT